Cookies can be a part of a healthy balanced diet. One thing you will hear me repeat is, ‘moderation is key’. Don’t deprive yourself of certain foods, as this will likely lead to over consumption in the long run. Instead, enjoy them in moderation.
These are light and refreshing cookies that won’t make you feel guilty about eating. They are free of refined sugar, but provide a hint of natural sweetness from the raspberries. Be sure to keep this recipe handy for the upcoming raspberry season, as these will be even better with fresh local raspberries!
Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients (Makes 15 Cookies)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, vanilla, yogurt, apple sauce, and honey. Beat until fully mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Fold until just mixed. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.