This is one of my favourite summer salads. The quinoa, edamame, chickpeas, and almonds make for a protein packed meal or side dish. It is simple to make and makes a large batch, perfect for leftovers!
Edamame Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Add quinoa and water to medium saucepan and cook to package instructions. When done, transfer to a large bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Add corn and edamame to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, turn heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes or until done. Drain and add to quinoa.
- Add remaining ingredients to quinoa and toss to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
Note: This recipe makes a lot, but it is great for lunches or as a side for any meal. I personally don’t think you need a dressing for this salad but if you find you do, try a lemon vinaigrette or a lemon and basil dressing.