Try your fajitas with a twist next time with these fajita rollups. Sometimes, I know I have already had enough grain servings in a day, but might want something like fajitas for supper….this is the perfect solution. Don’t get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with your traditional fajitas in a tortilla shell. Remember, it is all about moderation! Just try to choose whole grain wraps.
Chicken Fajita Rollups
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic,
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red, yellow and green pepper, each, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, thyme, paprika, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut chicken lengthwise into two even slices. If uneven thickness, pound chicken until even and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over. Ensure chicken is fully coated and allow chicken to marinade for at least 1 hour or leave overnight.
- Place marinated chicken on a baking pan lined with tinfoil. Place 6 slices of peppers in the middle of the chicken, roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until juices are clear.