Such a simple and delicious meal idea for your busy weeknights! Pair them with some fresh veggies and a little rice and you have yourself a balanced meal.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 small-medium zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp chili powder (more or less depending on your taste preference)
- 1/3 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise and hollow out the center (making a boat). Brush tops of zucchini with olive oil and set in baking dish.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet. Sauté onion until soft. Add green pepper and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add chili powder and mix together.
- Put layer of pasta sauce in each zucchini, add some of the sautéed mixture. Top with beans, tomatoes, and green onion.
- If you have extra sautéed mixture, place in baking dish beside zucchinis. Cover with tinfoil and bake for about 25 minutes or until zucchinis are done (fork goes in them)
- Sprinkle with a little cheese and enjoy!