This zucchini and carrot almond loaf is to die for!! This isn’t my original recipe. This is my modified version of ‘Feel Great in 8’s’ original recipe.
The loaf won’t expand much, as you can see in the picture below, since there is no gluten in it.
Zucchini and Carrot Almond Loaf
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp 1% milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred zucchini and carrot using a cheese grater and then squeeze between paper towel or press in strainer to remove any liquid.
- In a blender combine dates, milk, and almond milk. Puree until forms a date paste.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture should be a dark brown colour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.