Forget the pancake mix, and make your own healthy pancakes instead!
Wholewheat Banana Oatmeal Pancakes and Berry Sauce
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Mix in the brown sugar and yogurt until smooth and no lumps remain. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just mixed. Add banana and mix in. Try not to over stir the batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray once hot and drop about 1/4 cup of batter on griddle. Cook for about 1 minute or until center is bubbly and the edges look brown. Flip and cook until the other side is done (about 2 minutes).
- Enjoy! Best served with Berry Sauce.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups mixed berries or other fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the orange juice and cornstarch together and heat over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
- Add berries and cook until berries have softened and sauce is thickened. Stir often.