Leave the boxed Hamburger Helper on the shelf at the store and create this healthier version using only wholesome ingredients instead.
Wholesome Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb extra lean or lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green and yellow pepper, each, diced
- 3-4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup small pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded marble cheese
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is fully cooked. Drain any excess fat off and discard.
- Add mushrooms, peppers, and spinach and saute until vegetables are soft and spinach is limp.
- Turn down to medium low and add cheese and mix together. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.