Are you looking for a quick pick-me-up during those long work days, a healthy treat on those long commutes, a quick snack after your workout, or even a dessert? You are probably thinking, what possibly could fit all of these categories.
These peanut butter oatmeal energy bites are a quick source of protein that will satisfy that craving.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
Ingredients (Makes ~ 20 energy bites)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1.5 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2.5 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: dark chocolate to drizzle on top (I use 82% cocoa)
- In a large bowl mix the oats, coconut, and chia seeds together. Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and no dry spots remain.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll mixture into equal bit size balls. Place in the refrigerate to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then drizzle over the oatmeal balls. Place back in the fridge to let them harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.