Not sure what to have for breakfast? Bored of the same thing everyday? Feeling an urge to eat shortly after you finish your breakfast?
Give these Banana Oatmeal Pancakes a try! They are delicious and very filling. They are a great source of fibre and protein, two important nutrients to consider at breakfast. Read my post on Health Benefits to Eating Breakfast for more reasons to eat a healthy breakfast and other recipe ideas.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 small over ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (could use any nut butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- Fresh fruit
- In small mixing bowl, mash banana until smooth. Add nut butter and egg and mix with banana.
- Add cinnamon and oats to banana mixture and mix thoroughly until combined. Let stand for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Spoon pancake mixture into pan (makes approximately 4 small pancakes)
- Cook until golden brown and then flip and cook until other side is golden brown (approximately 2 minutes on each side).
- Top with fresh fruit if desired and enjoy!
- The nut butter and egg make this a good source of protein, making this a great post workout breakfast as well
- The oats and banana are a good source of fibre, as well as the fruit on top – sure to leave you feeling satisfied
- Pair with some plain yogurt or a glass of milk and you have yourself a well balanced meal!
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts to add some more healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids