Have you jumped on the bandwagon for overnight oats yet? If not, I really urge you to try them, especially if you are one of those people who never have time to make breakfast in the morning.
There are endless combinations for overnight oats, and just like the name suggests, they are made the night before, ready for you to indulge in them when you get up in the morning. If I have convinced you to give these a try, then I recommend you try these Carrot Cake Overnight Oats to get a serving of veggies in with your breakfast!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Before going to bed, in a jar* place ingredients in order listed and mix all together. Cover and refrigerate.
- In morning, stir and enjoy!
*If you don’t have a jar, you can use any container and cover it with plastic wrap as well. I use my magic bullet cups.
- Source of fibre: oats, chia seeds, and carrot
- Source of protein: milk and nuts