- 1/2-3/4 cup melted margarine
- 2-3 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 8-oz package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 container large light cool whip (approx. 1.5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice **
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a little bit of the melted margarine to lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix margarine and butter together until it sticks together (you may have to add a little more crumbs or butter depending). I mix it until it keeps shape of spoon when packed into spoon and then dropped out.
- Pack graham crumb mixture into bottom of pan until spread out evenly. If you would like your base thicker, make more mixture and repeat. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool. (if you want to make the whole thing no bake, you could just place the base in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to harden before adding the next layer).
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with icing sugar. Add pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin and mix well. Fold in cool whip. Spread pumpkin mixture over cool crumb base.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
You can enjoy as is or add a little dollop of whip cream!
** Make your own pumpkin pie spice by combining 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves, and 1/4 tsp allspice