Are you a mom who is running out of ideas of what to give your child for breakfast? Give these Peach Oatmeal Pancakes a try! These are a hit with my two year old, leaving her to always ask for more. As a mom myself, I know it can be a struggle when your child is going through those picky eating phases, so making food fun as well as nutritious is always a goal of mine. One reason my two year old loves them so much is because she goes on a “hunt” for all the pieces of peach hidden within the pancake! If you give these a try, let me know what you think!
Peach Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1.5 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2-3/4 medium peach, diced
- Mash the banana with a fork
- Add the egg and almond butter and mix together with the banana
- Add the dry ingredients and mix. If mixture seems a little runny yet, I had a few more oats until it meets my desired consistency.
- Gently fold in the peaches.
- Preheat large skillet on medium heat. Grease skillet.
- Add pancake batter, splitting into 4 pancakes (or you can make mini pancakes)
- Cook on medium heat, flipping once until golden brown on each side
- Enjoy on their own or with additional fruit!
** I used fresh peaches because they were in season, but you could always substitute frozen or canned peaches as well. If using canned, try to avoid those that are packed in syrup